Brownhill Primary Academy is a happy and energetic school situated in the Burmantofts area of inner East Leeds; as a two form entry school it has places for 420 pupils and was judged as Good by Ofsted in 2014. Brownhill became a Co-operative Academy in January 2013. Our aim is simple – to provide a safe and happy school where everyone has high expectations of themselves and of each other. Our motto is: “believe and achieve in a harmonious and inclusive school”.
As an Academy sponsored by the Co-operative Group, we ensure that values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity govern our work: as will our commitment to openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others. These co-operative values support the schools mission that all students will be STARS. We believe that the voice of every individual should be heard and we are committed to promoting an inclusive environment where all students can reach their full potential. Our engaging, wide ranging and relevant curriculum creates a school where children from all walks of life with varied experiences can respect one another, contribute, learn, feel valued and make progress.
The Academy is part of the Co-operative Academies Trust (CAT), a multi-academy trust with academies in Leeds, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent.
What we offer:
- A supportive governing body.
- Friendly and hard-working pupils.
- High quality, personalised professional development.
- Creative and innovative teaching and learning.
- As one of four Primary Academies within the Co-operative Academies Trust we can offer a valuable support system from a strong and growing network of partner schools.
- The opportunity to work under the ethics and values of our sponsor, the Co-operative Group.
- Co-operative Academies Trust benefits package including discount gym memberships & leisure offers, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Co-op Credit Union, season ticket & rental deposit loans, cash-back healthcare scheme and co-operative discount offers.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all children and expects our staff, volunteers and parents to share this commitment.